Emily Learmont gives a description of the outfits and objects on display in A Royal Wedding: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Refreshments are included.
From 14 June to 6 October 2019, A Royal Wedding: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will form part of your visit to the Palace of Holyroodhouse. This special exhibition will feature the wedding outfits worn by the couple at their wedding in May 2018.
The Duchess of Sussex’s wedding dress was created by the British designer Clare Waight Keller, Artistic Director at the historic French fashion house Givenchy. The Duchess chose Ms Waight Keller for her timeless and elegant aesthetic, and for the impeccable tailoring of her creations. The Duchess and Ms Waight Keller worked closely together on the design.
The Duke of Sussex’s wedding outfit was the frockcoat uniform of the Household Cavalry (the ‘Blues and Royals’), made by tailors at Dege & Skinner on Savile Row. As the uniform specially commissioned for the occasion is required for use by His Royal Highness, an identical uniform made for The Duke by Dege & Skinner a few years earlier will be displayed.
Venue Audio Description System
- Venue Audio Description Collection Point
- From the gatehouse, with other audio tours. Staff will direct you from the ticket desk.
- Venue Audio Description Information
- The palace has a recorded tour for visitors with sight loss. The tour is rich in description, giving the listener a sense of the size and scale of the Palace, the decoration of the rooms, and the texture of materials and furnishings.
How to Book
Palace of Holyrood House
Venue Audio Tour
- Venue Audio Tour Information
Audio tours in a range of languages, including a descriptive tour.
The equipment is T-coil compatible
Scripts available to read