Descriptive tour and workshop consisting of a 90 minute tour in the morning, followed by a lunch break and a 2.5 hour practical workshop in the afternoon. Guides, chairs and refreshments will be provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
Free but booking essential. To book contact the Information Desk on 0131 624 6560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more than 60 years, Bridget Riley (b.1931) has created dazzling and compelling abstract paintings which explore the fundamental nature of perception. Through her observations of the natural world, her experience of looking at the work of other artists, and through her own experimentation, Riley has made a deep, personal investigation of the act of painting, and of how we see. She is one of the most distinguished and world-renowned artists working today.
This comprehensive exhibition will be the first museum survey of Riley’s work to be held in the UK for 16 years, and the first of its kind in Scotland. Spanning over 70 years of work, it will place particular emphasis on the origins of Riley’s practice and will trace pivotal moments across her acclaimed career. It will feature early paintings and drawings, iconic black-and-white works of the 1960s, Riley’s expansive explorations into colour, wall paintings and recent works, as well as studies that reveal Riley’s working methods.
Venue Audio Description System
- Venue Audio Description Collection Point
- varies with event
- Venue Audio Description Information
- The galleries offer a monthly artist led tours and practical workshops. The programme offers a descriptive tour of an exhibition followed in the afternoon by a practical workshop. These events are usually 3rd Wednesday of each month. The galleries off a monthly artist led tours and practical workshops. The programme offers a descriptive tour of an exhibition with a practical workshop in the afternoon.
How to Book
National Galleries of Scotland
Venue Audio Tour
- Venue Audio Tour Information
- Audio tours may be available for special exhibitions.