Go on a guided tour of the Palace of Holyroodhouse and step back into 16th-century life at the Palace with visual artist Emily Learmont. This event for blind and partially sighted audiences will introduce you to the time of Mary, Queen of Scots through the smells and stories of courtly life. See where Mary had two of her three weddings, learn about her favourite pastimes and some of the weird and wonderful food she ate in this interactive tour. You will also get an opportunity to handle replica objects used at the time.
Venue Audio Description System
- Venue Audio Description Collection Point
- From the gatehouse, with other audio tours. Staff will direct you from the ticket desk.
- Venue Audio Description Information
- The palace has a recorded tour for visitors with sight loss. The tour is rich in description, giving the listener a sense of the size and scale of the Palace, the decoration of the rooms, and the texture of materials and furnishings.
How to Book
Palace of Holyrood House
Venue Audio Tour
- Venue Audio Tour Information
Audio tours in a range of languages, including a descriptive tour.
The equipment is T-coil compatible
Scripts available to read