Descriptive tour and workshop consisting of a 90 minute tour in the morning, followed by a lunch break and a 2.5 hour practical workshop in the afternoon. Guides, chairs and refreshments will be provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
Free but booking essential.
This exclusive new exhibition, which will only be shown in Edinburgh, reveals how the taste for Rembrandt’s work in Britain evolved over the past 400 years. From early beginnings around 1630, it grew into a mania that gripped collectors and art lovers across the country, reaching a fever pitch in the late-eighteenth century. The exhibition also reveals the profound impact of Rembrandt’s art on the British imagination, by exploring the wide range of native artists whose work has been inspired by the Dutch master, over four centuries, right up to the present day.
Venue Audio Description System
- Venue Audio Description Collection Point
- varies with event
- Venue Audio Description Information
- The galleries offer a monthly artist led tours and practical workshops. The programme offers a descriptive tour of an exhibition followed in the afternoon by a practical workshop. These events are usually 3rd Wednesday of each month. The galleries off a monthly artist led tours and practical workshops. The programme offers a descriptive tour of an exhibition with a practical workshop in the afternoon.
How to Book
National Galleries of Scotland
Venue Audio Tour
- Venue Audio Tour Information
- Audio tours may be available for special exhibitions.