Descriptive tour and workshop consisting of a 90 minute tour in the morning, followed by a lunch break and a 2.5 hour practical workshop in the afternoon. Guides, chairs and refreshments will be provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
Free but booking essential.
Situated in the heart of Edinburgh, the Scottish National Gallery is home to one of the best collections of fine art in the world. Explore some of the jewels in the national collection of art that includes masterpieces from the Italian renaissance, the ‘Golden Age’ of Dutch and Flemish art and work by major Scottish painters.
Venue Audio Description System
- Venue Audio Description Collection Point
- varies with event
- Venue Audio Description Information
- The galleries offer a monthly artist led tours and practical workshops. The programme offers a descriptive tour of an exhibition followed in the afternoon by a practical workshop. These events are usually 3rd Wednesday of each month. The galleries off a monthly artist led tours and practical workshops. The programme offers a descriptive tour of an exhibition with a practical workshop in the afternoon.
How to Book
National Galleries of Scotland
Venue Audio Tour
- Venue Audio Tour Information
- Audio tours may be available for special exhibitions.